Tuesday 1 January 2013

Living sculpture


I decided yesterday on the eve of the New Year to take my new camera on a mission. The mission was to capture a photo of my favourite tree. You might think this is a little weird but I have seen this tree for many years as I drive past it every week when I visit my sister on a Friday afternoon (after finishing work hurray). I have always poked at it and thought it is beautiful. I feel like I drive under it, as a passing from 'work mode' to 'weekend mode' and it is just lovely! Every once in a while I always think I really should take a picture of it but I never did. I don't know why. Perhaps from being too lazy...or the lack of parking near it.. or that I am just too tired to stop and actually appreciate it in more detail. Well yesterday was the day I decided to take the pic. I personally feel that I haven't done it justice. Unfortunately there is a stupid man made sign directly on its right hand side and so I have tried to place the camera in a way so that you only see the tree.........
My gorgeous tree x.

Tense

Atmospheric
........I was lucky yesterday in terms of lighting. At first the sky looked very grey and dull, and you can see that not much sun was out, but lots of clouds helped create a lovely atmosphere. I also took some pics of the surrounding area and the sky seemed to come alive with atmosphere. It was just before it started to rain heavily! Hope you like the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment